PLEASE TAKE THIS ELSEWHERE (was Re: RX50 on RQDX3 on 2.11BSD)

Markus Leypold leypold at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de
Tue Jun 13 18:07:05 AEST 2000

 > From: Tim Bradshaw <tfb at cley.com>
 > Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 15:11:30 +0100 (BST)
 > Sender: owner-pups at minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au
 >
 > * David O'Brien wrote:
 >
 > > This goes back to the UHS / PUPS discussion.  I didn't vote so before,
 > > but maybe it is time to separate the mail for the two.  I agree that the
 > > first posts were interesting in the historical insight that could be
 > > gained.  But this thread has turned into a rather long hardware
 > > discussion applicable to only a handful of people that have this
 > > hardware.
 >
 > > I do not mean to be mean, but it seems moving this to some PDP-11 list (I
 > > guess one needs to be created) would be possible.
 >
 > Please don't.  I love reading discussions of random old bits of
 > hardware, and such discussions have gone on on the PUPS list for a
 > long time.

So do I. Actually I can understand the need of some participants to
somehow reduce their mail volume. On the other side, it seems to be
quite difficult to draw the exact line between on- and
offtopic. Personally I try to filter as good as I can, and admittedly I
do not read everything at once (and sometimes only weeks later).

Regards -- Markus

	by minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au (8.9.3/8.9.3) id FAA63516
	for pups-liszt; Wed, 14 Jun 2000 05:00:47 +1000 (EST)
	(envelope-from owner-pups at minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au)