PUPS/TUHS should not be divisive

Thor Lancelot Simon tls at rek.tjls.com
Tue Jun 20 01:11:00 AEST 2000

On Mon, Jun 19, 2000 at 09:40:50AM -0500, Michael Sokolov wrote:
> Thor Lancelot Simon <tls at rek.tjls.com> wrote:
>
> > [snipped discussion of clones and workalikes not containing any original UNIX
> >  code and thus of no relevance to this group]
>
> By the Charter I'm asking you to take this elsewhere.

I'm asking you, once more, to take your fanaticism elsewhere.  I'm also
asking the moderator, once more, in light of this, your recent attacks
on Keith Bostic, your totally gratuitous "NutBSD" swipe in your most
recent missive, and your general misbehaviour and abysmal nettiquite in
your time on this list, to cause you to take your fanaticism elsewhere.

Had it ever occurred to you that others might not delineate "Unix"
in quite the same way in which you do?  Of course not.  Your opinion
is the only one that matters, and if anyone else doesn't see it that
way, well, then, by God, you'll just have to spew flamage until he
goes away.  Great.  Really, absolutely what's needed in a preservation
project.

Thor

	by minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au (8.9.3/8.9.3) id BAA06047
	for pups-liszt; Tue, 20 Jun 2000 01:19:32 +1000 (EST)
	(envelope-from owner-pups at minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au)