Help: PDP-11 instruction classification (again!)

Johnny Billquist bqt at Update.UU.SE
Thu May 11 00:15:55 AEST 2000

On 10 May 2000, lars brinkhoff wrote:

[table deleted...]

First I think it's wrong of you to call the limited EIS stuff implemented
by default on the 11/40 "EIS40". It's just that parts of the EIS was
always available, with or without the optional EIS.

Second, the FPU implemented in the 11/60 was a bit special, and not
compatible with the normal FPU, which was an option. I'm not aware of
anything that used the 11/60 internal FPU stuff.
Specifically, it used the normal processor registers for operations, and I
don't remember exactly if the data format was compatible, but it didn't
have double precision at all. I can probably dig up specific details if
you are interested. I think I have a processor handbook for the 11/60
somewhere.

About processor names:

KA11 was the 11/15 and 11/20.
KB11-A was the 11/45, 11/50.
KB11-B was the 11/70.
KB11-C was the 11/70.
KB11-D was the 11/55.
KB11-Cm and KB-11E was the never produced 11/74.
KD11-A was the 11/35 and 11/40.
KD11-B was the 11/05 and 11/10.
KD11-D was the 11/04.
KD11-E was the 11/34.
KD11-EA was the 11/34a.
KD11-[FHQ] was the 11/03.
KD11-HA was the LSI-11/2.
KD11-K was the 11/60.
KD11-Z was the 11/44.

KDF11 is F-11 based.
KDJ11 is J-11 based.

All as far as I can glean from various sources.
KE11 is not a processor, but instead different processor options, such as
EIS, FIS, EAE and such.

	Johnny

                                  ||  on a psychedelic trip
email: bqt at update.uu.se           ||  Reading murder books

	by minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au (8.9.3/8.9.3) id BAA79057
	for pups-liszt; Thu, 11 May 2000 01:39:06 +1000 (EST)