Building a 2.11BSD tape for Supnik's emulator

Markus Leypold leypold at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de
Sat May 27 00:40:23 AEST 2000

Hello Seth,

I never worked with a real PDP-11. I tried to build a V7 Boot tape for
the Supnick and still did not succeed, but I got the following impressions:

 * V7 Doc says, You can't use the bootstrap from the DEC bulk ROM,
   but need to key in a custom bootstrap. Have a look into
   the V7 Manual Volume 2B (Essay about Installing UNIX).

 * It seems, a tape also needs to contain labels for the files
   (512 Byte Records), kind of directory.

Regards -- Markus