[pups] Ken_Welsch_v6 and Dennis_v6

Ian King iking at microsoft.com
Tue Apr 17 01:34:09 AEST 2001

All,

Yes, I saw the "rights" declaration (with a non-zero switch register) on
a real machine (PDP-11/34a with programmer's panel), when I booted Ken's
v6 distribution in single-user mode (there is a specific value you enter
into the register, 173030, as documented in bproc.8; does anyone know
why this value was used?).

I'm not sure why, but I was never able to get Dennis' distribution to
boot in the emulator; as a result, I didn't take the time to copy it
over to an RK05 (using Warren's excellent tools) to boot on the 11/34.

-- Ian