[pups] A bootable disk image for a PDP-11/34?

Ken Wellsch kwellsch at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Feb 1 02:07:09 AEST 2001

Bill Gunshannon wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Jan 2001, Ken Wellsch wrote:
>
> > Don't forget to type 'date' when logged in ... it is a hoot to see B^)
> >
> > Oh heck, never thought to actually try to set the date, post 2000...
> > maybe better to let it live back in 1975...
>
> I assume it is just like Ultrix-11 was, soooooo
> Here's a quick way to get the date right until you get a chance to
> install a fixed "date" command.  Yes, it is only the date command
> that is not Y2K ready.

No, V6 predates Ultrix-11 by just a bit I believe.

The date setting format on V6 appears to be '1231245999', that is
two digits for: month, day, hour, minute, year.  A trailing 'p' means
the hours are 12 based (and it is PM), otherwise 24 based.

I can confirm as I expected that setting 0131110301 puts me at 1970 B^)

No big deal.  I can see in the 'date' source what it is doing...

Thanks for the 'put it into the year 2001' method!

-- Ken