[pups] What is a 21-21858 chip?

Bill Gunshannon bill at cs.scranton.edu
Sun Feb 18 12:43:51 AEST 2001

Maybe I'm just misunderstanding what is being discussed here, but
I think the difference is that without the FP11 all you have are
4 simple Floating Point Instructions.  FADD, FSUB, FMUL and FDIV.
The FP11 adds a number of additional Instructions.  I have never
had a machine with the FP11 (Hmmmm, wonder if my new 11/93 has it?)
so I don't know them off the top of my head, but my Macro-11 book
is near at hand if anybody wants me to look it up.

bill

bill at cs.scranton.edu     |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |

	by minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au (8.9.3/8.9.3) id UAA75242
	for pups-liszt; Sun, 18 Feb 2001 20:23:18 +1100 (EST)
	(envelope-from owner-pups at minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au)