[pups] Begemot emulator (was: Stray Interupts)

Greg Lehey grog at lemis.com
Mon Feb 26 04:57:10 AEST 2001

On Friday, 23 February 2001 at  8:43:41 -0500, Bill Gunshannon wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Feb 2001, Steven M. Schultz wrote:
>> 	so the machine can be placed on a network.  P11's also quite a bit
>> 	more efficient/fast.   Configuration can be puzzling but sample
>> 	config files are available (from various PUPS folks who run P11).
>
> I would love to us the Begemot emulator.  I have the latest version but
> I have been unable to get any of my disk images to work.  Can anyone
> tell me if you can use the disk images from the other emulators and if
> so, how??  Do they have to be converted somehow like tapes??

*sigh* The Begemot emulator has bitrotted a little.  I can no longer
get it to work, though admittedly I didn't try very hard the last
time, and it may be something as simple as a corrupted disk image.
But the other thing is that the Begemot ftp site is no longer
accessible, which is somewhat embarrassing, since I host it.  I'm
copying Jörg Micheel and Harti Brandt, the Begemot people, and I hope
that we'll get it up again soon.  Jörg, Harti, the problem is that I
migrated a system disk, and seem to have lost the connection to the
ftp files.  You should find them somewhere on the file systems
/freebie or /freebie/usr, which are the old system disk, still
spinning.

Greg
--
Finger grog at lemis.com for PGP public key

	by minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au (8.9.3/8.9.3) id LAA47415
	for pups-liszt; Mon, 26 Feb 2001 11:50:13 +1100 (EST)
	(envelope-from owner-pups at minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au)