[pups] 2.11BSD boot hangs.

Martijn van Buul pino at dohd.org
Tue Feb 27 21:03:54 AEST 2001

John Holden wrote:
> You can run into problems with the BHALT line, which can be asserted by a line
> break on the console line (if enabled), or on some DHV serial card emulations.
> Turning off a terminal may be enough to halt the process if it generates a
> serial break as the power goes down.

On my /53+ running 2.11, it's enough to kick in ODT.. Very anoying, really.
Is there any way to disable this functionality, save rewiring the backplane?

--
    Martijn van Buul -  Pino at dohd.org - http://www.stack.nl/~martijnb/
	 Geek code: G--  - Visit OuterSpace: mud.stack.nl 3333

	by minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au (8.9.3/8.9.3) id EAA61301
	for pups-liszt; Wed, 28 Feb 2001 04:43:03 +1100 (EST)
	(envelope-from owner-pups at minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au)