[pups] Swap device in V6?

Ian King iking at microsoft.com
Wed Feb 28 02:56:06 AEST 2001

The good news is, this fixed my ps problem - ps now works.  The bad news
is that cc still fails with the following error:

fFatal error in /lib/c0

The lowercase f appears, followed shortly by the rest of the line.  I've
tried the -c option to suppress linking, and still get this error.  I
don't get this error on the Supnik emulator.

Obviously, one way to do things would be to rebuild the kernel on the
emulator, and transfer it to the PDP-11.  But that seems like cheating.
:-)  Besides, the Supnik emulator is just too freeform; my 11/34a
doesn't have a half-dozen instructions the emulator implements.  I've
tried the DBit E11 emulator (since it gives more control over processor
features), but I can't get it to boot these images. -- Ian