[pups] The Software Tools Virtual Operating System

Frank Mandarino fam at risca.com
Thu Nov 1 06:04:28 AEST 2001

On Wed, 31 Oct 2001, Bill Gunshannon wrote:

> I know this is somewhat off topic, but there is a connection.
>
> I am trying to track down a copy of the distribution of:
>    The Software Tools Virtual Operating System
>
> The last known repository of the complete system was apparently USENIX.
> They have been unable to find a copy anywhere up to this point, so I'm
> asking here as there must be many long time members in this group.
>
> Does anyone still have a copy of this and could I possibly get it??
> I really need to find a copy for a project I want to work on.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> bill

Bill,

Your posting brought back fond memories of running Ratfor and tools on
an Interdata 8/32 during my University CO-OP work terms.

I took a look around and found a copy of the Software Tools Package on a
page called "Ken Yap's Links" at:

	http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lab/9247/

in the section entitled "Some source for compilers of historical
interest".

Hope this helps.

Regards,
../fam