[pups] Re: Searching for 8" DSDD drive

Jason T. Miller jasomill at shaffstall.com
Tue Nov 6 01:56:40 AEST 2001

I should be able to read them, although I admit I am far from Delaware.
Not far from a mailbox, though. I can do raw reads and RT-11 filesystems
from both RX01 and RX02 on my PC, although I tend to simply do raw reads
and use RT or RSX on the Supnik emulator, write a virtual tape, then parse
the tape out with a C routine or Perl script (trivial), to extract files
from PDP FSes. DS/DD shouldn't be an issue, although software interleaving
can be a pain (RX50s have this problem. I've always wondered what the
justification for not putting the correct sector numbers in the address
area of the sector was!).

Sincerely,
Jason T. Miller
Shaffstall Support and Services

Shaffstall Corporation                             317-842-2077 ext. 302
Conversion, Duplication, and Network Services    jasomill at shaffstall.com