[pups] Trouble with 2.11BSD and CQD-220

Steven M. Schultz sms at 2BSD.COM
Wed Nov 7 06:50:43 AEST 2001

Hi -

> From: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih at Hamartun.Priv.NO>
> Not exactly.  You and I actually worked this out together back in
> 1995, when I was figuring out how to get Reno to boot my VAX using a
> CQD-220.  :-)  You don't have to present any interrupt vector, but you

	Has it been that long? ;)

> shouldn't lie to the controller about this.  Instead of setting the

	But if you do present a vector then everything should work, right?

	The problem isn't in the standalone 'ra' driver though - that seems
	to be working.   The boot block though ends up in an endless loop
	during the 'online the unit' command (after the initialization).

> "please interrupt" bit in the MSCP datagram, and waiting for the
> controller to set the "I've interrupted now" bit, you should set the
> "controller owns this datagram now" bit, and wait for it to clear it.
> This make much better sense, anyway, while running in polled mode.

	True.  I'd have to look at the mdec/rauboot.s sources to see
	exactly what it is doing (or not doing ;)).  The change Tim Shoppa
	made was to specify a vector and that did the trick for the Viking
	controller.

	Steven