[pups] Dilog DQ686, anyone?

Jochen Kunz jkunz at maja.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Mon Aug 19 19:20:15 AEST 2002

On Sun, Aug 18, 2002 at 11:59:02PM +0200, Fred N. van Kempen wrote:

> Does anyone have an online manual or other info for the DQ686
> ESDI disk controller from Dilog?  I'm trying to fix a VAX 4,
> which as that beastie...
I have a DQ686 in my MicroVAX III runing 4.3BSD-Tahoe and a DQ696
in my PDP11/83 runing 2.11BSD. I don't have a manual for them.
All I have is a .txt that describes the DIP switch settings of
the DQ696 and the commands to invoke the firmware setup of the DQ686:
>>>D/P/L 20088004 80000001 <cr>
>>>D/P/W 20001f40 20 <cr>
>>>D/P/W 2000146a 3FFF <cr>
>>>S 200 <CR>
[or for GPX version]
>>>S 218 <cr>

If you can get the description of the DIP switch settings of
the DQ686, please part with us. :-)
--

tschüß,
         Jochen