[TUHS] heavy to ship (fwd)

Warren Toomey wkt at minnie.tuhs.org
Wed Aug 28 09:19:21 AEST 2002

----- Forwarded message from Joe Dellea -----

Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 02:35:12 -0600
From: Joe Dellea <jjdellea at chisp.net>
To: wkt at tuhs.org
Subject: heavy to ship

Proffessor Toomey:
    I have an interesting problem for you....

    A friend of mine here in Denver, (Colorado,US) is in posession of a
PDP 11/73 and litterally a ton of peripheral hardware- it was left in
her house by her ex-husband who more than likely dumpster-dived it while
working for the phone company. The Ex is a talented Computer guy, but a
bit of an idiot in his personal life....

Friend wants to find a new home for this machine.
Friend is erratic. Also fairly pissed off.
Could probably use some money, but mainly wants the thing to go away,
rather than calculate actual dollar value or whatever.... Would be happy
if it went to a good home.

What does one do in such a situation?

In my case, I found your web-page near the top of a Google search.....

Regards,
Joe Dellea
jjdellea at chisp.net

----- End of forwarded message from Joe Dellea -----