[TUHS] Re: non-broken 4.3BSD set?

Robertdkeys at aol.com Robertdkeys at aol.com
Thu Dec 12 13:22:24 AEST 2002

The src tarball in the archives is only 35k or
something like that, so it is mostly gone.  At
one time, I thought it was more there.

Since I was only needing the dwb section out
of the sources, to power up a dwb suite on an
ancient ultrix box, I just used the quasijarus
0a source tarball (that is supposed to be Tahoe)
for the bits I needed.  It worked.

But, for the record, it might be nice to have a
complete, unbroken set, if it still exists, and
the bits can be rounded up.

Out of curiosity, anyone still running a 4.3BSD
box?  I had a couple microVAXes up with it until
my ESDI drives went bellyup a few days back.
(Ice storms and power glitches ate the drives.)
I have maybe 30mb of ports of this and that
(gzip, gmake, psroff, TeX, and other things)
that I would donate to the archives if there
was any interest.  MicroVAXen are a cheap way
of playing old BSD....(:+}}...

Thanks

Bob