[TUHS] flaky webster or sigma WQESD4 and RQD11 controllers on KA650???

Michael Sokolov msokolov at ivan.Harhan.ORG
Fri Dec 13 17:29:58 AEST 2002

Robertdkeys at aol.com wrote:

> Is there an endemic problem with this style 4
> port controller running too fast with a KA650
> compared to a KA630 cpu?

I have no explanation for your problem, but it has nothing to do with speed.
Q-bus is Q-bus, and it follows Q-bus timing, which is completely independent of
the VAX CPU timing.

Is the new CPU board firmly seated? Nothing broken or disturbed in the
backplane when swapping the boards?

> Ultrix seems to handle it better than Tahoe.
> It might be speed in the hardware and slight
> differences in drivers?

Ultrix' MSCP code is vastly superior to anything we've ever had in BSD. I plan
to lift the MSCP/SCA framework from Ultrix wholesale in Quasijarus down the
line.

MS