[pups] Duh - how do you format an RX50?

Jonathan Engdahl engdahl at safeaccess.com
Fri Feb 8 15:13:04 AEST 2002

I can't believe I haven't figured this out yet. I bought an
RX50, and installed it in my PDP-11/53 running 2.11BSD. It's
nice having that empty hole in the front of the BA23 plugged,
but I hope for even more. The drive seems alive: if I say "cp
/dev/ra1a /dev/null", it starts groaning and ticking as if it
were reading the floppy.

But how do you format the floppies?

I tried XXDP/ZRQCH0 (downloaded via VTserver), but it says the
floppies are UNFORMATTABLE. That does that mean?

--
Jonathan Engdahl                    Rockwell Automation
Principal Research Engineer         1 Allen-Bradley Drive
http://users.safeaccess.com/engdahl engdahl at safeaccess.com

"The things which are seen are temporary,
 but the things which are not seen are eternal."  II Cor. 4:18