[pups] Duh - how do you format an RX50?

Jay Jaeger cube1 at charter.net
Sun Feb 10 00:37:50 AEST 2002

Um, bzzzzt.  Wrong.  I have a floppy labeled:  BL-FN7AP-MC CZFNAP0 M-11
FORMTR RX50  .  This is a formatter program for a Micro PDP-11.

It is a *diagnostic* program (not a user program) for formatting these
beasties.  Mine is for the -11, I would imagine that there is one for the
MicroVAX as well.

Of course, it is copyrighted.

Jay

At 11:42 PM 2/8/2002 +0000, Pete Turnbull wrote:
>On Feb 8,  8:31, Bill Gunshannon wrote:
>
> > RX50's came pre-formatted from DEC.  There was never a way to
> > format them on PDP's or VAX as far as I knew.  I do think it is
> > possible to create them using PUTR and an old PC with a proper
> > floppy controller and a 1.2M floppy drive configured the right
> > way.
>
>You can format them on a Rainbow, but not an -11 or VAX.

---
Jay R. Jaeger					The Computer Collection
cube1 at charter.net