[TUHS] Re: Porting Unix v6 to i386

P.A.Osborne P.A.Osborne at ukc.ac.uk
Mon Feb 4 19:33:43 AEST 2002

On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 02:43:53PM -0500, bwc at borf.com wrote:
> Regarding the few comments in Ken's kernel--I always found the great--you
> can get the Lyons' commentary which may be another reason for doing Sixth.

My thoughts exactly funnily enough.

Pondering just this over the weekend has left me wondering whether
MiniUnix would be a better initial place to start - as its essentially
V6, but without memory management or pipes.   Which as a starting point
for the experiment may be an easier place to start.

Thoughts anyone?

Also as a sideline,  I don't know how the list owner of this list
feels about this discussion potentially swamping the list.  If this
is an issue or other readers of the list are sick and tired of the
current ruminations please feel free to let me know and I will create
a mailing list on the list manager here at UKC.  That way those of
us who are regarded as sad, mad or just plain losers can take our
mutterings somewhere else.

:-)

Paul