[TUHS] Re: Porting Unix v6 to i386

Lars Brinkhoff lars at nocrew.org
Fri Feb 15 18:08:03 AEST 2002

"Aaron J. Grier" <agrier at poofygoof.com> writes:
> support for PDP-11 was added to gcc a few months ago.  I don't think
> it's been well tested, but support exists in current versions of
> binutils and gcc.

You are confusing gcc and binutils.  PDP-11 support as added to
binutils recently.  However, it's not well tested, and is likely
to need more work to be usable.

John Holden <johnh at psych.usyd.edu.au> writes:
> > support for PDP-11 was added to gcc a few months ago.
> It's been around since 1991 as a patch, but it didn't keep up with
> the newer versions of gcc

It's still there, and some people are looking after it from time to
time, but it's probably too broken to be useful.  However, there has
been some interest in building a complete GNU cross tool chain for the
PDP-11.

--
Lars Brinkhoff          http://lars.nocrew.org/     Linux, GCC, PDP-10,
Brinkhoff Consulting    http://www.brinkhoff.se/    HTTP programming