[TUHS] 4.4BSD-Lite binaries for SPARC and PMAX

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Thu Feb 21 18:13:42 AEST 2002

On 2002.02.21 03:03 Tim Shoppa wrote:

> Although I have to admit I haven't been following the mailing list
> lately - what tapes have been found and where are they?
This was a off list discussion with The High Priest of the Daemon, Mr.
Kirk McKusick himself. He possibly still has the original 4.4BSD SPARC
and PMAX distribution tapes. He is willing to give them to me to read
them for transfering the contens into the TUHS archive. Unfortunately my
9 track tape does only 1600 / 3200 BPI and I assume the tapes are 6250
BPI... Also if someone in the USA can do the job it would reduce
shipping cost and efforts for Mr. McKusick, because I am beyond the "big
pond".

> I *think* I've got some 4.4-ish tapes for some other architectures
> already, but I don't think for PMAX or SPARC.
In the archive is only 4.4BSD-ALPHA with hp300 binarys, so... [beging
smile]
--

tschüß,
         Jochen