[pups] Qbus IDE adapter

Chuck Dickman chd_1 at nktelco.net
Sun Jan 6 09:19:58 AEST 2002

I have been playing with a Qbus to IDE drive adapter for a while, and
with some free time this Christmas, I got around to working on it and
documenting it.

You can find information here: http://www.chd.dyndns.org/qbus_ide/

In summary, I have designed and built a Q22-Bus to ATA disk adapter and
written drivers for 2.11BSD on my microPDP-11/73. The adapter is PIO
only (for now) and the driver only works with LBA capable disks.

I posted this to the NetBSD/vax mailing list last week. If there is
sufficient interest, we might be able to get boards made. Someone is
writing a NetBSD driver and I have a 2.11BSD driver already.

-chuck