[pups] Linux Question

Arda Ulas Unlu ardaulas at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 28 17:23:27 AEST 2002

Hello,

I'm writing a new networking protocol into the Linux kernel. I have to find the place in which the multiplexing of the incoming packets are done and sent to the initial handling functions of the appropriate protocols, according to the protocol types (x25,ax25,ip,appletalk,etc...). I think net_rx_action function does this. (version 2.4.8). W

Why does it searches two lists, why 2 lists (ptype_all-ptype_base)?

Second, what is the mission of dev_add_pack dev_remove pack functions in net/core/dev.h. I've heard they deal with protocols. But I am not sure.

Anyone interested in or know any person who knows about???

Arda...