[TUHS] ancient unix filesystems

Sven Dehmlow sven_dehmlow at web.de
Mon May 6 01:52:44 AEST 2002

Hi,
I'm currently working on an implementation of the Unix 6th Edition's
filesystem for Linux. I think earlier Unix filesystems should be very
similar to it. I would like to implement them, too, but I don't have
exact descriptions of them (for the 6th Edition I've the Lions Book;
there is not much about the actual filesystem architecture in it, but
it should be enough - together with the code ;-).

Please send me descriptions, specifications and everything else
you've about the early Unix filesystems. Also filesystem images are
very welcome as I can use them to test my implementation.
My e-mail account can only handle attachments <3000KB. Please
compress or split the files if they are bigger than 3000KB.

Thank you
Sven