[TUHS] ancient unix filesystems --- on current Unix implementations

Sven Dehmlow sven_dehmlow at web.de
Thu May 9 04:39:42 AEST 2002

On Wednesday 08 May 2002 00:59, Chuck Dickman wrote:
> Does anyone know how many of the V5, V6, V7, 2BSD, 2.11BSD, etc.
> filesystems are implemented in some current unix implementations,
> NetBSD, Linux, etc. Seems like that could be useful when playing
> with simh.

As far as I'm aware of there are currently no implementations of the
filesystems mentioned above for Linux 2.5. I think the oldest Unix
filesystems implemented are Minix FS, Xenix FS, SystemV FS and
perhaps Coherent FS. Look at the fs/sysv directory in the Linux
kernel to learn more about them.

Send me more informations about the 2BSD and 2.11BSD filesystems and
I will try to implement them for Linux (after I finished 5th,6th and
7th Edititons' filesystems).

Sven