[pups] Boot_Images and the networking activated version of Simh

Andru Luvisi luvisi at andru.sonoma.edu
Fri Nov 29 17:02:05 AEST 2002

On Thu, 28 Nov 2002, Gregg C Levine wrote:
> Hello from Gregg C Levine
> Just out of curiosity, can the boot images stored in the folders that
> are under that name, actually support this new version of Simh? That is
> the PDP-11 emulator. What would be necessary to enable that function? It
> looks as if one of them, is aware of the device, since I believe the
> image was made on a machine which has the appropriate card installed in
> it, but after that I'm lost.

I would be happy to share mine, but it doesn't work.  ;-)

The thing that strikes me as really weird is that I know a guy who is
running VMS with networking on the simh VAX emulator.  As I understand it,
the the VAX and PDP-11 emulators use the same code for the ethernet
controller.

Andru
--
Andru Luvisi, Programmer/Analyst

Quote Of The Moment:
  Truth is hard to find and harder to obscure.