[pups] 2.11BSD device config trouble

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Wed Apr 30 18:24:22 AEST 2003

On 2003.04.30 00:48 Steven M. Schultz wrote:

> > cn 1 csr 176540 vector 344 no address found for kl/dl-11
> > What is wrong with the "cn" devices?
> 	Is 'cn 1 ...' line 38 of the /etc/dtab file?
Yes:
cn      1 176540 344    5       cnrint  cnxint

> 	Did you compile a kernel with NKL set to 5 (1 for the console
> 	and 4 for the DLV11J)?
# NKL includes both KL11's and DL11's.
NKL             4               # KL11, DL11
The card has four ports, one of them is the console. (The M8192 CPU card
has no SLU / ROM / ...)

But I would prefere to get the DHV11 working. It seams that this device
is more suitable for multi user operation.

BTW: Never play with the SMD cables when the machine is running. Now I
get:
# fsck
** /dev/ra0a
File System: /

** Last Mounted on /
** Root file system
** Phase 1 - Check Blocks and Sizes
** Phase 2 - Check Pathnames
** Phase 3 - Check Connectivity
** Phase 4 - Check Reference Counts
** Phase 5 - Check Free List
BLK(S) MISSING
SALVAGE? y

** Phase 6 - Salvage Free List
1364 files, 11625 used, 2430 free

***** FILE SYSTEM WAS MODIFIED *****

But on the next reboot I get the same when running fsck. Any hints?
--

tschüß,
       Jochen