[pups] pdp11/73 memory

Johnny Billquist bqt at update.uu.se
Sat Dec 13 11:56:25 AEST 2003

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003, David Evans wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 06:31:12PM +0200, Christos Papachristou wrote:
> >
> > Is it possible to keep some
> > of the MicroVAX memory modules if they are below or equal to 4 megs?
>
>   No.  The uVAX memory requires special PMI stuff (carried over those
> ribbon cables) that the PDP-11 CPUs don't grok.  At least, that's
> what I've always been told.

And that's correct.

The 11/73 require Q-bus memory. The only VAX that used this is the
MicroVAX I.
If the 11/73 really is a disguised 11/83 CPU, you can use the 11/83 PMI
memory, which don't work the same way as the VAX PMI.

(PMI by the way stands for Private Memory Interconnect)

	Johnny

email: bqt at update.uu.se           ||  Reading murder books