[pups] Re: PDP11 - RQDX1 standalone format utility? --> XXDP

Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon at worldnet.att.net
Sun Feb 23 16:22:44 AEST 2003

Hello again from Gregg C Levine
I've looked at your web pages on the subject of using XXDP to create
that standalone format utility. And it makes sense. All of it.
However, there's a broken link on it, regarding XXDP, and where to
find it. Currently the link which points to the repository at Ibiblio,
is correct. Or even the one you're using as they both work. But the
one that says that the manual, and notes, and the OS, are available
at, is the broken one. It comes up to a file not found error message.
That guy has always had problems with his site, which is unfortunate.
It hasn't returned.

However, what are you running E-11 under? And which version? The
current one prefers a plain DOS environment, or even a Linux
environment. The older ones, such as the versions stored on the site
here, will work under DOS/Windows, even Windows 98SE, as I've proven.
-------------------
Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon at worldnet.att.net
"Use the Force, Luke."  Obi-Wan Kenobi

On
> Behalf Of Jonathan Engdahl
> Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2003 8:00 PM
> To: cctech at classiccmp.org; pups at minnie.tuhs.org
> Subject: [pups] Re: PDP11 - RQDX1 standalone format utility? -->
XXDP

> I documented the procedure to extract a program from XXDP and put a
header
> on it so that you can boot it from VTserver or a UNIX disk. It has
been a
> long time since I did this to ZRQCH0, so I practiced on the program
that I
> think Christos needs (ZRQBC1) and sent it to him.
>
> There's a lot I don't know about the a.out header, so if someone can
improve
> my method, let me know.
>
> http://users.safeaccess.com/engdahl/xxdp.htm#hackXXDP
>

> "Teach a man to fish..."
>
> --
> Jonathan Engdahl
> http://users.safeaccess.com/engdahl
>
> "The things which are seen are temporary,
>  but the things which are not seen are eternal."  II Cor. 4:18

RQDX1