[pups] (no subject)

David Evans dfevans at bbcr.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Feb 27 01:17:07 AEST 2003

On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 02:25:38PM +0200, Christos Papachristou wrote:
> I have not yet compiled in the 8 port multiplexer
> (DHV11-A), so only the console is functional and thus no gettys are
> loaded.

  Are you *sure* that there are no gettys?  The default install might fire
them up anyway, and they will repeatedly die and be restarted.  It's been over
ten years since I looked at a 2.9BSD system, and that was on a Pro350, so I
can't really help much more than that.

David Evans          (NeXTMail/MIME OK)             dfevans at bbcr.uwaterloo.ca
Ph.D. Candidate, Computer/Synth Junkie     http://bbcr.uwaterloo.ca/~dfevans/
University of Waterloo         "Default is the value selected by the composer
Ontario, Canada           overridden by your command." - Roland TR-707 Manual