[pups] DLVJ1 confusion on 2.11BSD

David Evans dfevans at bbcr.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Jan 30 14:49:25 AEST 2003

  So the DLVJ1 has four serial ports.  According to the info at

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/academic/computer-science/history/pdp-11/hardware/DLVJ1.info

they essentially appear as four separate gizmos, with independant CSRs
and vectors.  So should I therefore set NKL to 5 (the console plus
these four) and then have appropriate entries for devices 1 through 4
in /etc/dtab?  Sounds like it.

  My DHV11 seems to work happily, so I already have rediculously more
serial ports than I need.

David Evans          (NeXTMail/MIME OK)             dfevans at bbcr.uwaterloo.ca
Ph.D. Candidate, Computer/Synth Junkie     http://bbcr.uwaterloo.ca/~dfevans/
University of Waterloo         "Default is the value selected by the composer
Ontario, Canada           overridden by your command." - Roland TR-707 Manual