[TUHS] v6on286

Steve Nickolas usagi.tsukino at pinku.zzn.com
Tue Jul 8 15:21:36 AEST 2003

I was finally able to download a good copy of v6on286 from minnie...

I have Borland C++ 3.1, the existing version was built with 3.0.
There are no binaries in the v6on286 package for the Unix itself,
AFAICT, but I did get a successful MAKE.

This is the weird thing, and I'm not sure if it's pilot error, the
fact I'm running Windoze, or a glitch in the code.

C:\UNIX>un

Screen goes blank except for a block flashing cursor.  The keyboard
does not respond - not even the lights - indicating that the machine
is either in a PM loop or completely hung.

Has anyone had better luck than me?

Or have I had better luck than everyone else (author excluded)?

Thx.

BTW...I wonder, could some old C compiler be bootstrapped on v6on286
and then V7 ported on it?

-uso.

kirei-na pinku-na E-MAIL-saito