[pups] Totally off topic question

Robin Birch robinb at ruffnready.co.uk
Sat Mar 22 09:04:55 AEST 2003

Hi Everyone,
Sorry for asking this here but you are probably the best people to ask.

I'm in the process of packing up my house to redecorate it and move to
another.  As a result my 11/83 has been packed up and I won't get to
play for some time :-(.  However, the question -

I am probably going to get a broadband connection to wherever I end up.
I will then network all of the various boxes together and connect
everything (including the PDP) to the Internet.  I intend having one box
set up as a server for FTP, email and so on and everything else using
that.  I will probably use a Linux box for this.  Can I get a pop3
system for it that will talk to sendmail (only because sendmail is the
only mail system that I have used) or can I get a reasonable pop3 server
for Linux.

Anybody else has ideas on how I should do this then hints tips etc.
gratefully received.

In case the above seems stupid the idea is to take all email through a
server, weed out all incoming rubbish, and route it to various
individual's (partner, daughter etc.) PCs.

Cheers

Robin
--
Robin Birch