[pups] Totally off topic question

Ian King iking at killthewabbit.org
Sat Mar 22 13:31:19 AEST 2003

Yup.  I used to do that, but had an older version of sendmail and got
'co-opted' as a relay host for a spammer.  :-(  But the Linux distribution
included a pop3 server out of the box, and my Windows machines were able to
connect to it just fine.

FWIW: rather than update sendmail and hack another .cf, I bought a
Windows-based mail server from a company called True North Software
(www.tnsoft.com), and I'm running it on Windows 2000.  It also provides a
POP3 server that the other machines access (so my family can have email,
too), and is a complete no-brainer to administer.  Once upon a time I
thought it was fun to administer a mail server; now I really appreciate this
'hands-off' solution.  :-)  OK, I paid $150 for a piece of software, but
when I consider the value (to me) of my free time, that's chump change....

Instead, I use my free time to hack 2.11BSD and UNIX v6!  :-)  Cheers -- Ian