[TUHS] SCO sues IBM?

Michael Davidson michael_davidson at pacbell.net
Mon Mar 10 13:13:01 AEST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog at lemis.com>
To: UNIX Heritage Society <tuhs at tuhs.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 09, 2003 5:21 PM
Subject: [TUHS] SCO sues IBM?

> Which brings me to the real point: a little over a year ago, we
> received a message from Dion Johnson releasing Ancient UNIX under a
> BSD licence.  For those of you who have misplaced it, I'm attaching it
> again.  While none of us doubt that it is genuine, SCO has no record
> of it on their web site, nor (as far as I know) do any of us have this
> in signed form.  In view of SCO's aggression, I think we should
> contact them and ask them to at least put the statement somewhere on
> their web site.

While I can't comment on the current legal issues, I was involved
in the decision to release the "Ancient UNIX" source code under a
BSD style license and I am not aware of anything having changed
in that area.

I will, however, ask for an "official" statement of SCO's current
position on "Ancient UNIX" - I expect that this will take a few
days but I should have an answer by the end of the week.

Michael Davidson