[TUHS] SCO vs. IBM: Eric Raymond striking a blow for ... something

Kenneth Stailey kstailey at yahoo.com
Wed May 28 22:07:22 AEST 2003

--- Aharon Robbins <arnold at skeeve.com> wrote:
> I just saw this:
>
> 	http://www.catb.org/~esr/nosecrets/
>
> This either Very Smart or Very Dumb, I'm not sure which.  I don't know
> that it need be discussed to death on this list, either, but I do figure
> that the list members will at least be interested in it.
>
> Arnold

I think the intent is to to demonstrate that they did not value their trade
secrets and did not make an effort to (even just a show of an effort) to defend
them.  By showing that tens of thousands of people had access to the UNIX
source that was supposed to be a secret and SCO not going after any of them
(unlike, say, Microsoft's defending Windows source) will weaken their arguments
that these were valuable trade secrets.