[TUHS] Re: non-broken 4.3BSD set?

Cyrille Lefevre cyrille.lefevre at laposte.net
Fri May 30 01:44:13 AEST 2003

On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 09:26:47AM +1000, Warren Toomey wrote:
> In article by Robertdkeys at aol.com:
> > Warren... is there a non-broken 4.3BSD-Tahoe set somewhere?
> > Bob
>
> As in a bootable 4.3BSD-Tahoe kit? As far as I know, no. The Unix Archive
> has a broken copy in 4BSD/Distributions/4.3BSD-Tahoe, indicating that
> both usr.tar and src.tar are broken.
>
> It might/should be possible to merge files from the CRSG CD set from Kirk
> to recreate these tar files.
>
> Anybody out there have an unbroken Tahoe release?

Hi, take a look at http://mapage.noos.fr/clefevre/4bsd/

you will found the listings of some archives found around the net some years ago.
don't ask me where, I can't remember. If you are interrested by one or more
of them, let me know, I'll provide you in a way or another.

FYI, appart the 4.3BSD-Tahoe archive, the following one is also broken :

4BSD/Distributions/4.3BSD-Rev2-Foreign/usr.tar.gz

4BSD/Distributions/4.3BSD-Tahoe/src.tar.gz
4BSD/Distributions/4.3BSD-Tahoe/usr.tar.gz

Cyrille.
Cyrille Lefevre                 mailto:cyrille.lefevre at laposte.net