[pups] emulex UC01

Naoki Hamada nao at tom-yam.or.jp
Tue Nov 4 13:35:37 AEST 2003

Hi,

A few months ago I bought an EMULEX databook titled "DISK AND TAPE
PRODUCTS HANDBOOK". I found a quite interesting product named UC01. It
is a SCSI controller which can emulate two RLV11/RLV12's with 22bit
addressing. It means that you can mimic eight RL02 drives with a crisp
ZIP drive! Thus you can enjoy various versions of unix (modified v7,
2.9BSD, 2.11BSD a bit harsh? and maybe even modified v6) without huge
cabinets.

UC01 seems quite hard to find and expensive if
available. EZSystems(http://www.ezsystems.com/) has stocks, $345 each.
I want to know if it actually works well with my PDP-11/53 before I
try it. Has anyone experience with UC01?

Naoki Hamada
nao at tom-yam.or.jp