[pups] ACMS (Australian 'puter museum) doomed?

robinb at ruffnready.co.uk robinb at ruffnready.co.uk
Sat Nov 15 01:44:21 AEST 2003

hansolofalcon at worldnet.att.net wrote:
> Hello from Gregg C Levine
> Robin, are you thinking of the V-1 platform? Because that one was
> pretty capable for a primitive cruise missile weapons platform. That's
> the only one I can think of that fits your description, after all I
> did visit the museum a longish time ago, as well.
No,
On the first floor there used to be (could still be there but it was a while ago) a room concerning computing.  In there was a wing, with the skin removed to show the structure, of a Henschel anti-ship missile.  These were dropped by bombers and then guided in by radio.  This was labeled up AFAIR as being manufactured by a primitive CNC system.  Looking at the various web pages from Zuse's writings he produced a measurement system for these so that they could be produced using low tech machining.

Robin