Heritage X (was Re: [TUHS] Lauch Gui using remote xterm!!)

Kenneth Stailey kstailey at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 9 07:30:40 AEST 2003

--- Warren Toomey <wkt at tuhs.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 08, 2003 at 06:00:57PM +0530, Philip, Naveen J (Naveen) wrote:
> > Hi
> > All
> > I am trying to lauch a xterm window on a remote machine and then once the
> > xterm window is launched from the remote machine I am trying to start a gui
> > on the xterm window.
>
> Naveen, this is a mailing list about Heritage Unix. I don't think
> your question counts as such, unless you're running X11R3 on a Sun2
> or something similar.
>
> Cheers,
> 	Warren

Speaking of X on Heritage Unix I have a Sun 3/60M with the 1280x1024 monochrome
display.  The only display server I have ever gotten to work on it is on NetBSD
1.3 running the pre-XFree86 X11R6.

I'm wondering if there are any older UNIXes I could use.  Does Sun still keep
SunOS 4 under wraps or can it be used for non-commerical purposes at no cost?