[TUHS] SCO To Expand Its Lawsuit Beyond Linux

Paul Ward asmodai at ao.mine.nu
Thu Nov 20 22:51:55 AEST 2003

Hello wes,

wppnn> Quoting Pat Villani <patv at monmouth.com>:

>> I wonder how much trouble 32I will be:
>>
>> <http://www.atnewyork.com/news/article.php/3110981>
>>
>> Pat

wppnn> I'm just reading Groklaw
wppnn> http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20031119041719640
wppnn> and I'd have to say that
wppnn> SCO Group (Quote, Chart) CEO Darl McBride said his company is currently
wppnn> comparing source code awarded in a 1994 settlement between AT&T's (Quote,
wppnn> Chart) Unix Systems Laboratories and BSD, in which Berkeley's version of the
wppnn> Unix source was severed from the proprietary version.

wppnn> probably describes Darl and co., sitting around a trailerload of raw alcohol
wppnn> and scrawling something down on a piece of paper each time someone throws up.

wppnn> Nothing else describes their recent habits.

wppnn> Wesley Parish

Minix is probably next on their list for, oh... I dont know... having
concepts remotely in common with 7th edition?

Maybe SCO should do over the Xinu guys too -- just for a laugh.
Oh, and maybe MWC too, just because McBride has obviously had too much
Jolt Cola, or Southern Comfort, or maybe both... mixed in with a lot of
prozac.

But, in answer to their question about "who would you say Unix belongs
to"... I'd have said The Open Group... but it seems that owning the
source code is more important.

Hmm, radical idea here SCO... but, instead of trying to sue everyone
and his goat, why not make UnixWare better than the festering lump it
is now... then you could compete with IBM and Sun etc - oh, and maybe
even fire the troll who thinks that sed is an interactive editor and
wrote so in the UnixWare manual.

P.S. If SCO are of the opinion that IBM have made AIX available under
open source... where can I get the kernel source? ;)

--
Best regards,
 Paul                            mailto:asmodai at ao.mine.nu