[TUHS] Anybody with a copy of this paper?

Warren Toomey wkt at tuhs.org
Fri Nov 28 07:32:07 AEST 2003

On Thu, Nov 27, 2003 at 07:58:56PM +1000, Warren Toomey wrote:
> Hi all, would anybody have a copy of this paper:
> Multiprocessor UNIX operating systems.
> Bach, M.J., and Buroff. S.J.
> Bell Systems. Tech. J. 63. 8 (Oct. 1984) 1733-1749.

Thanks to Grant Maziels and Brantley Coile who have offered to scan it
in for me. Actually, I just realised that I might have this paper buried
in a pile of papers at work, so I'll dig for it when I get in this morning.

I'm trying to build up a history of the publicly available documents that
describe SMP in UNIX (i.e methods and techniques, not code), and so I'm
after papers, books, theses, seminar writeups etc. Once I've done this,
I might get the itch to do the same for other things, like NUMA or
journalling filesystems. You never know when such a history might come in
handy.

Anyway, if you know of these things are have references to published
documents, feel free to e-mail me citations, URLs, whole papers etc. :-)

Thanks all,
	Warren