[TUHS] Fwd: Helping in the battle against SCO

Warren Toomey wkt at tuhs.org
Wed Sep 10 08:02:30 AEST 2003

All,
	This e-mail below was prompted by an interview I gave about
the SCO thing for an Australian paper:
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/09/09/1062902037394.html

----- Forwarded message from Ulrik Petersen <emdros at yahoo.dk> -----
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 19:44:51 +0200 (CEST)
From: Ulrik Petersen <emdros at yahoo.dk>
Subject: Helping in the battle against SCO

I saw a recent article in the Sydney Morning Herald in
which a Dr. Warren Toomey (presumably you?) was quoted
as saying that the TUHS has several members who have
access to old copies of UNIX source code.

Please ask these people to try out one of the three
"shredders" which can compare sourcecode from Linux
with other sourcecode, and, if possible, analyze and
publish the results.

One of these shredders is written by Eric S. Raymond.
Here is a link to an article in which he calls for
action by people with access to UNIX sourcecode:

The program itself can be found here:

http://www.catb.org/~esr/comparator/

Regards,
Ulrik Petersen, Denmark
----- End forwarded message -----

Anyway, I think it's a good idea, so I'd like to hear from people
who have access to recent AT&T code. My GPG and PGP keys are at
http://minnie.tuhs.org/warren.html and on most keyservers if you
so wish to use them.

Thanks,
	Warren