[TUHS] Lexical comparator

Warren Toomey wkt at tuhs.org
Thu Sep 18 12:56:32 AEST 2003

On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 08:48:53AM +1000, Warren Toomey wrote:
> While we're on the topic, I saw esr's code shredder/comparator that works
> on lines of code. This isn't going to work if variables get renamed etc.
> I'm writing a code comparator that works on a lexical basis, comparing
> C tokens. It's only going to be proof of concept (i.e. slow), but I
> should have it done by week's end and I'll pop a notice in here when it's
> ready.

Well, it's done. The software is now available at
http://minnie.tuhs.org/Programs/Ctcompare. I have also made available
some tokenised source trees so you can do some comparisons straight away.

If anybody has Unix kernel trees which they cannot divulge due to licensing
restrictions, I'd appreciate you creating tokenised files of the kernel
source and e-mailing them to me.

Thanks!
	Warren