[TUHS] "Lions' Commentary on UNIX 6th Edition, with Source"

Kurt Wall kwall at kurtwerks.com
Tue Apr 13 11:57:44 AEST 2004

In a 8.0K blaze of typing glory, J.D. wrote:
> To all concerned,
> I decided to find out if the book were still available.
> Per Dan Doernberg at Peer-To-Peer Communications:
>
> >The "Lions' book" is temporarily out of stock;  we expect to
> >have it available in approximately 2-3 months.
> >
> >Background--- Peer-to-Peer Communications is the original
> >publisher of "Lions' Commentary on Unix", but we sold the book
> >to Annabooks/RTC Group in 1999. RTC decided not to reprint it
> >when they ran out of stock, so we took the publishing rights
> >back and are now working to make reprint arrangements.

This is the same story Peer-to-Peer gave me about two months ago
when I enquired after a copy of Lions' Commentary. I hope they
are able to arrange the reprint. FWIW, they offered to take a
pre-order, which offer I declined because they were disappointingly
vague about when the order would be filled. :-(

Regards,

Kurt
--
The average income of the modern teenager is about 2 a.m.