[pups] installing begemot etc

robinb at ruffnready.co.uk robinb at ruffnready.co.uk
Sat Aug 14 01:17:44 AEST 2004

Ok Guys,
I humbly apologise for not working this out from day one :-)

The problem was that I'd mounted the device after fstab from the desktop and SuSE in this configuration appears to prevent shell scripts from being fired off.  If I mount everything in fstab at boot time then it all works.

Don't know whether this is a general SuSE thing or whether it is just a "feature" of the version that I'm running (8.2).

Well, you live and learn don't you :-)

Chears and thanks for all of the advice, through which I learn't stuff so it wasn't all that bad.

Robin