[pups] roll-your-own-unibus boards?

Johnny Billquist bqt at update.uu.se
Tue Jan 20 10:35:33 AEST 2004

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004, Brad Parker wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I asked this on the classic computer list and I thought I'd ask here
> also...
>
> Does anyone have any thoughts on how hard it would be to make a unibus
> board which is an IDE controller?

Probably not hard at all, from a hardware point of view. The Unibus is
well documented, and as you noted, slow.

The only possible gotcha is that you better make sure you give enough
power for the signals. A unibus can be several meters long.

	Johnny

email: bqt at update.uu.se           ||  Reading murder books