[TUHS] web site detailing Apple's mc68k UNIX, A/UX

Pat Villani patv at monmouth.com
Fri Jan 2 22:15:58 AEST 2004

I would agree with Wesley -- not feasible at all.

 From the FAQ quoted in the article, "A/UX is based on AT&T Unix System
V.2.2 with numerous extensions from V.3, V.4 (such as streams) and BSD
4.2/4.3 (such as networking, the Fast File System, job control, lpr, NFS
with Yellow Pages, SCCS and sendmail 5.64)."  This is code in dispute in
SCO v. IBM, a.k.a. SCO v. Linux and Open Source.

According to SCO, it is System V.* code that was supposedly stolen and
used in Linux.  I exceptionally doubt you can get that code released as
open source by SCO because that would kill the case.  Additionally, I
doubt you can get free binaries, as someone has to pay the royalties
that Apple would owe SCO for each copy.

Pat

--
Tact is the ability to describe others as they see themselves. --
Abraham Lincoln