[TUHS] cvsweb for BSD

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sun May 9 05:19:29 AEST 2004

In message: <1084032920.952.272.camel at cube>
            Albert Cahalan <albert at users.sourceforge.net> writes:
: On Sat, 2004-05-08 at 13:10, Kenneth Stailey wrote:
:
: > Possibly converting SCCS to RCS to CVS.  I don't know how far back my BSD SCCS
: > goes.
: >
: > Maybe a smaller project to CVS 4.3BSD-tahoe to Quasijarus first.
: >
: > One of the big problems is that they move files all over the place as BSD
: > developed and CVS doen't work too elegantly with those kind of changes.
:
: Bitkeeper handles this well. I suspect that Larry McVoy would
: at least be mildly interested in giving advice for such
: a project. Bitkeeper is SCCS-based.
:
: Bitkeeper also has a superior web interface. You can't beat
: standard unified diff format with a tiny bit of color added.

If you are going to use a proprietary system, you might as well use
perforce, which has better branching and file movement support than
bitkeeper.  But I guess I'm a little biased because I like p4 better
than bk.

Warner